Daily or Occasional Travel
We all use energy throughout the day and if we are in a steady rhythm of living we replace that energy easily and naturally, just like a bank account we must put in to our account before we can get it out……but often we are not in our natural rhythm we are draining our account, we take out through choice or life far more than we put in which, our bank manager would say in counterproductive and there of course will be a charge……
So what can we do to help ourselves make the right choices or to address the energy drains that may occur throughput our day….
Instead of being stressed about traffic, the tube, the bus…… make the daily commute your own personal time.
- Get that bestseller you’ve wanted to read on CD/MP3 and listen to it during your travel.
- Pop in your favorite music and sing along if you can (if you can’t, imagine that yourself belting out those tunes). Studies have shown that singing alters our mood. Music also reduces cortisol levels. High cortisol levels, like those associated with chronic stress, can lead to high blood pressure, decreased bone density, and blood sugar imbalance, among other things. Use your commute to do something good or yourself.
- If you are commuting and you can write then stir up the writer within, write poetry, a story, a novel, even a to do list (at least you feel one step ahead of the day….!) If you are driving you could use a Dictaphone in the same way
- The journey is monotonous because you make it so. Learn to entertain yourself!
- Make an appointment with me to learn how to relax yourself on your journey
- If taking public transport learn to meditate (if it is safe to do so) so you can be refreshed when you arrive